If you are anything like me, your to-do list is a mile long and like a revolving door where you drop one thing and add 1-3 more. It can feel so hard to manage at times and when holidays roll around, it can feel even more stressful as one more thing gets added on. When I feel this way, I like to ignore things and not to say I have been ignoring the Dads there, but it can be hard to stay on top of all the gifts and sometimes time gets the better of me.
So…if you procrastinated this one a bit…don’t worry. I have you covered and I feel like ALL of these things would be amazing gift options that don’t need to be stressed about. On top of that, I want you to remember one thing: these types of holidays aren’t always about the gift – they are about time spent together and appreciation.
Let’s get started.
First, I want you to go pick up a card for each of the fathers you are looking to gift for. While I don’t think a gift is necessary, I do think a card is really special and it is typically affordable. Another option here would be to make cards too!
Now, on to some last minute ideas. I tried to include a range of pricing on these, but regardless which one you choose, all choose be just in time for Father’s Day.
- Make their favorite meal – I feel like the way to many men’s hearts is through their belly’s and making their favorite meals is always a super sweet sentiment.
- Bake their favorite dessert – same concept here 🙂
- Allow them to have a day to do whatever their heart’s desire – watch tv all day, go out with some friends, choose all the meals, etc.
- Giftcard – while this may seem like a given, I just want to leave it here because I really do think a giftcard is such a nice gesture.
- A massage – book one at a local massage place. Bonus if you can get one with a sauna session before
- Class pass to a workout studio – lots of workout places will let you buy a 5 or 8 class pass so they can go and get a workout at one of their favorite places
- A nice bottle of their alcohol of choice – a good bottle of wine or whiskey perhaps? Or maybe…read on to number 8
- An ice chest full of their favorite beers
- A dinner out to a restaurant – book a babysitter and go out on a date, reconnect, and let him chow down on his favorite food
- A day pass for a round of golf – this can be on the pricier side, but one I think lots of men would enjoy. Bonus points if you can set a date aside for him where he can go with his friends and it is already on the calendar.
- Sonos speakers : $279; this is great gift for any man in your life. You can start collecting a few of these and place them all around the house and have surround sound music. It is very cool. Plus, it ships in a little over 24 hours via Amazon prime.
- Kindle: $109; ships in 24 hours via Amazon prime. But a great option if they don’t have already. My hubby takes his kindle everywhere with him and really enjoys it. They can slip these into their work bag, travel bag, etc. Super easy to carry and very lightweight.
- Garmin Watch: $199; ships in 4 hours via Amazon prime. This is the new Apple Watch my friends. Looks manlier, has a battery life of basically forever and better heart rate monitoring.
- Take them on an experience: Book a concert, buy museum tickets, schedule yourselves for a wine tasking. Do something just the two of you that THEY enjoy. Not only will the time spent mean so much, it will also mean a lot that you are doing something they like to do.
- Go out to see a movie: I think this one needs to pick up pace. Movies are so much fun to go out to and I really think there are some better ones coming out. Check your local listings and buy some tickets. Then enjoy making memories together over a delicious bucket of movie theater popcorn!
As you can see, the common trend is merely just spending time with them. That is all anyways really wants or needs. Making memories and feeling appreciated is highly undervalued. If you use any of these ideas, please tag me! I would love to see it. Good luck, my friends and have the best time celebrating the amazing Dads in your life.