Happy Monday ladies!
Today I thought it would be fun to cover some of my absolute favorite house essentials to help make your house feel like fall. Personally, I am not a huge Halloween decorator. I am contemplating possibly getting into it next year, but for right now, I keep it more “fall” focused. This way, I don’t really have to do much of anything until after Thanksgiving when I want to start decorating for Christmas. For me, this helps to save on money (because I am not buying Halloween decorations and Fall decorations), time (time spent decorating and finding decorations), and I just feel like it is more my style.
Decorating for fall though, doesn’t have to be complicated. I just throw out a few essentials and am ready to rock and roll and have allll of the fall feels.
- First up, is fall smelling candles. These can be found pretty inexpensively at Homegoods, which is where I got the majority of mine, but Anthropology also has an amazing selection that they come out with. I literally light mine almost everyday and feel like the smell immediately makes me happy and puts me in the fall mood.
- Fall wreath. I think a festive wreath always makes your home feel more in line with the season. It is also a simple, and super easy way, to make your entrance festive without breaking the bank. Throw out a few pumpkins you carve up for Halloween, and your entrance will be perfect and ready to go!
- A table runner. I love a good seasonal table runner. You can also find inexpensive ones of these from Homegoods and TJ Max, or you can invest in a nicer one from Pottery Barn or Williams and Sonoma. I found that this year, Target had a few fun ones as well, that won’t break the bank.
- Mini pumpkins. You can typically buy these in a pack for around $10 – $15 and I use them as decor throughout the house. A pack might come with 7 – 10 pumpkins and I use them in various things. You could use them as the centerpiece to your table, place them over a place setting for a nice seasonal touch, throw them in a clear vase and place somewhere through the house that may not have as much decor…the options are endless and you can re-use them over and over again.
- Pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. I LOVE going to the pumpkin patch. It is such a fun fall thing to do and pumpkins aren’t going to break the bank like a lot of other decor might. Plus, if you don’t carve them, and/or if they are small, they will last you for forever. I like the get the Cinderella pumpkins and then a small medley of little ones to decorate with throughout the house.
I hope this tips help to make your home feel cozy and ready for fall. Throw in a cozy throw and a pumpkin spice latte, and you will be ready to take on the season!
If you enjoy these types of posts, stay tuned because I will be sharing a similar one, but with all the focus on my fireplace/mantle!