Anyone else recently fall in love with reading? I know I have. I don’t know what it is, but I truly have begun to appreciate reading with a whole new outlook. Currently, I am really into self-help/entrepreneurial books, but sometimes I need some sweet and easy reads to get lost in.
With fall right around the corner, I anticipate my desire to read is only going to increase more – good book, delicious cup of tea, a snuggly blanket, some comfy pjs…sounds pretty good right? Because of that I have crafted up a list of perfectly fall appropriate books that not only have amazing reviews but are a little…shall we say..Halloween appropriate…to keep you on the edge of your seat!
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware – This one I have actually read and loved! I read it in less than 24 hours because it was THAT good. The story involves murder, mystery, and slightly claustrophobic spaces while set on a luxury cruise line. Follow Lo as she to tries to figure out what exactly happened to the woman in cabin 10…
- A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell – Another uncertain mystery set in a small Connecticut town in which an unexpected friendship forms only to find one friend remaining and the other a mystery. The movie on this novel released on September 14, so my plan is to read, then go see the movie!
- In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware – Another one by Ruth Ware, but another one that is supposed to be oh so good! This one is about a writer named Leonora who is invited to an English countryside for a weekend away. While here, however, she learns of some stories about her company and realizes that they may not be alone in the countryside after all.
- Final Girls by Riley Sager – This one is about a group of girls known as the Final Girls in which each one is connected to the other by a similar experience: going on a trip with friends, to be the only one who returns. Their paths do not cross until ten years later after one of the girls is found dead.
- One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus – Here five students walk into detention to only have four return. The student’s death was no accident, and all four of the others are determined suspects when it is discovered that the student that died was planning on revealing the others’ deepest darkest secrets the following week. Here we try to figure out just how far one might go to protect their secrets.
Currently out of the five, I have read one and own two of the others. I can’t wait to begin these thrillers and am a little nervous too because of being such a big scaredy cat! I would love to know if any of you have read these though and if not, feel free to click the titles to purchase, and let’s read them together!