Well guys, another sale has arrived and this one is another favorite of yours truly. I try not to spam you with too many buy this and thats, but certain sales are TOO GOOD not to let you in on. Sephora’s Beauty Insider Appreciation Event is no different. Here’s the deal, Sephora has no sale rack, let’s be real, so any additional discount you can get is a win-win because we alllll know they carry at least one of your beauty buys you can’t find anywhere else. Not to mention the fact that some people get 20% off, I mean…seriously….?!?!
Okay, okay. Here are the deets.
August 24 – August 29: Sale opens (has been open) to Sephora Rouge members with 20% off
August 30 – Sep 3: The sale goes live to all VIBs with 15% using code YESVIB and 10% off to all Insiders with code YESINSIDER
Not a member, I got you gurrrllllll! All you have to do is sign up for free (when you go to their website, there will be an option in the top right corner to register) and you get discounts. The great thing about the Sephora membership is they literally ask nothing of you. You get points for free stuff, they don’t spam you, and you get discounts on times like these.
Now, to the fun part! My top 13 MUSTS! I’ve broken it down into Skincare, Makeup, and Hair and each item is linked so you can easily shop away! Have fun boos!
- Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Exfoliating Moisturizer, $68: This item is at THE TOP off multiple reasons. I purchased this a few months back after reading about it on another’s Instastory. After using for about three months now, I will go back to no other moisturizer. It not only moisturizes my face, but also helps get rid of my hormonal acne (you can literally feel it drying out your pimples, but yet the rest of your face is super moisturized), tightens everything, and feels just so delicious on. The formula is light weight, but definitely packs a punch for moisture. I have felt like my skin is brighter, smoother, and has less acne because of this moisturizer. I will use nothing else. Seriously, guys, if you are going to buy anything on this list, this should be it. I have normal to dry skin and I use it in the morning and at night.
- Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen, $115: Okay, this one is a bit of a splurge, but for me, you only get one face and I personally think it is worth the investment. This product can be used on any skin type and is meant to maintain your face’s natural collagen and help with collagen production. Basically, it helps to keep your face look young and to be honest, who doesn’t want that? This formula is easy to use and smells amazing. I place it all over my face and neck. After using it the past couple of months, I have noticed an evening of texture on my face, a natural plumpness, and brightening.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment, $85: I think most #TCDbabes enjoy a good mask, I mean who doesn’t, and this one is my absolute favorite. This product is referred to as “Hollywood’s 2 minute facial” because in under two minutes you skin will be left looking as if you just had an hour’s worth of product application. Made with lactic acid for tightening and fruit enzymes like papaya and pumpkin for brightening and smoothing, this product can be your secret weapon ladies. The moment you rub it on your face you can practically feel your pores being cleansed and tightened. I use this product twice a week and only leave on for a minute since I am prone to drying. Still unsure about this one? Just have them test it on your hand in-store and then go for the travel size that is only $24. I can guarantee you will be coming back for a full purchase!
- GLOW Recipe, Watermelon Pink Juice Moisturizer, $39: Alright, if my previous moisturizer is too far out of the budget (hey, I get it), I have this one as an alternate. Personally, I use this in conjunction with my Dr. Dennis Gross one when my skin is needing some extra moisture, especially during those winter months when that wind chaps up my face like no tomorrow. However, I think this would be a great cheaper alternative if you can’t afford my first recommendation, but are really wanting to up your moisturizer game. This product not only literally smells like watermelons (think back to those LipSmacker days where everyone fought over the watermelon flavor), but it is amazing at providing moisture with very little product. The packaging itself is basically a stick that is inside the moisturizer, so all you have to do is pull it out and wipe it on your hand. It is a bit more liquidy than your typical moisturizer, but it still works like a charm. I feel like this one really works to brighten my face, tighten pores, and keep my skin looking well-hydrated. I also just can’t get over that smelllllll.
- Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Eye Cream, $65: This one is for all my girls struggling with those stingy under-eyes. If you have dark circles, puffiness, or fine lines in the eye area, this product is for you. After one week of using this product, I noticed a brighter under-eye. So much so, that I no longer having to put concealer under my eye because it is the same color as the rest of my face. It is that good. I personally don’t use it everyday and if I do use it, I use it at night, but it is seriously amazing! I haven’t noticed a huge change in fine lines, but regardless, I think the dark circles makes this product worth the buy.
- Clarisonic Firming Massage Head, $59: Now, I all know most of you have a Clarisonic because I swear there was a time a few years back where everyone purchased them. Whether or not you still use it for exfoliating and washing your face, I have a new use for it: Enter facial massage. Some of you may have heard me talk about facial massage on my Instagram stories, but for other’s this may be the first time and that is totally fine. Essentially facial massage helps to a) remove excess fluid from the face b) increase collagen production (the stuff that prevents fine lines) and c) help with cell turnover to keep the face look vibrant and young. There are other benefits as well (like helping with sinuses and allergies), but these are some of the game changers. Now, to the product. I have been using this product for a few weeks now and you guys, I am obsessed. Seriously, all I want to do is sit on the couch with my facial massager while I watch TV. Not only does it help to contour my face by removing all of that excess fluid, but it also helps my skin to absorb the above products. I also LOVE it for working out the knots in my neck. I carry a ton of tension in my neck and shoulders and to be honest, out of everything, this is my favorite reason to use it. It feels so good and have noticed a huge difference.
- COOLA Mineral Face SPF 30 – Matte Tint, $36: After my yearly dermatologist checkup, one piece of advice I was given was to wear more sunscreen. My foundation is an SPF 15, but my dermatologist recommended wearing at least SPF 30. After looking around at various options, I stumbled across this product and have since fell in love. Not only does it apply evenly and smoothly, I love that is has a little bit of a tint to it, so I can wear it without makeup too. It does not clog my pores and I just put it on after my moisturizer. I do it this way because otherwise it messes up my makeup, but you can also apply it after makeup if that is easier for you.
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Primer, $52: If you want the best primer of your life, then this is the one for you. I have tried mannyyyyyy primers and this one is hands down the absolute best I have ever used. I only use it for special occasions really but when I do use it I notice a huge difference in my makeup. The formula feels like velvet on your skin, smells amazing, and makes your face have a very natural glow. It evens out skin tone, fills pores, and smoothes everything out so you have a PURfect canvass. I also notice that when I do use it, I don’t need nearly as much makeup. This is another item I have bought over and over and over again.
- It Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Volumizing Mascara, $24: I get asked over and over and over again what mascara I use, so here you have it friends! I began using this product last year after receiving it as a recommendation and once again, I will use nothing else. I am fortunate enough to have long lashes already, but I honestly think that this product lengthens mine even more. It isn’t clumpy like other formulas and I feel that just recently they finally perfected the packaging (before mascara used to clump around the rim of the top) so it is super easy to use. When I wear this mascara I feel like my eyes pop and to be honest, I don’t think I need much else in regards to eye-liner. My only caveat with this is that if you go in the water and you are wearing it, it will be down your entire face. A small price to pay for beautiful lashes!
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation, $42: I have used this specific foundation since I was 17. I have tried many others and nothing truly compares. With 56 different colors and a formula that has been tried by thousands, you are guaranteed to love it. This foundation lasts me about 3 months and I wear it every single day. It also lasts all day long which is so important for my lifestyle (I hate having to reapply). It does not cause me breakouts and you can make it as light or as thick as you want in regards to coverage. I feel like when I wear this foundation my skin looks flawless. It is absolutely one of my favorite products. I wear Ecru, but if you aren’t sure which color you are, you can always go in and have them match you.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, $38: I started using this product last Spring when translucent powder was all the rage. I used to use an different product that was essentially a powder foundation to set my makeup, but after making the switch I haven’t thought once about going back. This powder blends my makeup perfectly, gives me a teensy amount of shimmer, and helps my makeup to last even longer than it already does. I feel like after using this product my makeup looks like absolute perfection and has a perfect finish. I don’t really know what it is about this product that makes it so amazing, but I do know that I don’t go anywhere without putting this on after applying my foundation. It sort of gives my face a little bit of a dewy, matte glow that is very youthful and vibrant and I love that.
- Dry Bar Triple Sec 3-in-1, $26: After moving to a place of humidity, it took me quite some time to figure out how to keep my curls in place. My hair is stick straight and very fine so I have never had much luck with keeping curls in place anyways, but after moving to Charlotte, it seemed like I couldn’t even get them to last 10 minutes, let alone a single dinner. One day, I decided to go to a Dry Bar and have a professional figure out how in the world to keep my curls in place. I explained to them my problem and the recommended to me Triple Sec. I was a little hesitant at first, but after trying it and having my curls STAY, I figured there may be more to it. The key was to use Triple Sec throughout the curling process and afterwards instead of using hairspray except for a spritz at the end. The hairspray was actually weighing down my hair which I didn’t realize. It was fine back home in the cooler climate, but here with the humidity the hairspray just basically melted causing my hair to feel nasty and look horrible. I still have to be careful not to use too much of the triple sec, but between its delicious smell, beautiful curls, and added volume, I am a believer now!
- Dry Bar Hold Me Hair Clips, $16: Another amazing Dry Bar find was these hair clips. I am seriously obsessed and now use them all the time. Essentially I use them to pin my hair back during my make-up, to throw my hair up easily without denting it and maintaining a curl, to twist back into a bun, and for washing and cleansing my face. They have come in handy so many times! I love them and they work great for my fine, smooth hair too!
Alright guys, there you have my 13 top beauty buys! All of these items are tried and tested by yours truly and have become my favorites. I use every single one of these products daily and have purchased them over and over and over again. Everyone’s skin is different, so I recommend finding one that speaks to your needs and trying it. Hopefully, you find too that it has become one of your favorites. Happy shopping boo boos and tag me in your Sephora purchases using the hashtag #TCDbeautyhaul. I always LOVE trying new products and I would love to see what you guys are buying!