Happy Monday all! I hope you had an awesome weekend and are ready to take on the week like I am. Some weeks I dread Mondays, but this week (luckily) I could not be more ready. When I am feeling annoyed about the coming of a Monday, I try to remind myself of what a new week really means. Yes, it means a full work-week ahead, but it also means new beginnings…a chance for a fresh start, a clean slate, a better week than the last…that, my friends, is something to get excited for. I always look at Monday as a chance to get back on track from the weekend, reflect on the previous week and see what areas I may need to improve upon. When I begin my reflection, I always like to look at what worked and what didn’t work, especially in regards to incorporating workouts. It can be so hard to squeeze workouts in when your day is packed to the max, and missing a workout can be even more stressful. As a result, today I wanted to provide you with some tips on how you can make sure to get your sweat on no matter what the week throws at you!
1. Establish some goals: it is very important before you begin your fitness journey by establishing some goals and guidelines for yourself. These goals may change throughout your journey, but an initial game plan will help keep you motivated and get through the hardest part of working out – just doing it! During this time you may want to decide how often you want to workout a week, what types of workouts you want to do, what equipment you have access to, what times during the day you will workout, etc.
2. TIME: The biggest and most common complaint I hear is the lack of time people have in their day to days to workout. I can agree. Time is precious and valuable, but so is your health! Squeezing a workout in doesn’t mean you need to complete 2 hours of pain-aching sweat sessions, its simply about getting sweaty every day. Just think, if you could incorporate even just 20 minutes of fitness every day, you would already be ahead of 80% of Americans. The American Heart Association recommends 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise. If you complete 20 minutes a day, you would only be 10 minutes off from meeting the national guidelines! Some of you may wonder… “How can I possibly get fit, by only doing 20 minutes a day?” My response to this question is, in my mind, the goal here isn’t about how quickly you can gain results, the goal is how you can make fitness a life-sustaining and life-fulfilling activity.
3. Type of Workout: this is the key to making fitness life-sustaining and life-fufilling –> you must find what types of workouts you love. Some people love fast and hard workouts, while others prefer a peaceful and serene route. Whatever you fancy, do that. Every month my husband and I incorporate a small amount of money to my “workout class budget.” This money allows me try a class in Charlotte at least once a week because I personally like to alway keep my body guessing. Don’t be afraid to try new things, but also, don’t feel like you have to switch up your routine because something works better for someone else.
4. Convenience: If working out is not convenient, you will not be able to sustain it. This means, you truly have to put in an effort to making getting your sweat on easy and mindless. I suggest packing a bag and keeping it in your car, that way when you plan what times during the day you will workout, you are always ready. I also recommend cute workout clothes. This ALWAYS helps motivate me and if I don’t have to think about trying to look cute at the gym and already have a great outfit in mind, I am much more apt to put on my workout clothes (which is the first step towards building yourself up to your workout).
5. Friends: This last one is HUGE. Workout partners are KEY in making this whole life changing process permanent. Not only do they challenge you, but #fitfriends are the closest. You both keep each other accountable, you both push each other when one is feeling down, you both make the hard, yet positive, change to alter your lives forever, and as a result, there ain’t nothin that can hold you down!
Well, there ya have it. Five tips for incorporating fitness into your lives. If you are interested I can post more on this topic or delve deeper into an individual section. You just let me know! Working out every day isn’t easy, but my favorite saying to this is “If it was easy, then every one would do it.” You have to make the commitment and make fitness a priority, just like everything else, and part of that is figuring out just how important changing your lifestyle is to you.
Sports Bra Similar Option Here / Leggings Lululemon Align Crop in Jaded /